Position opening at FFA BUT: Visiting Senior Research Fellow (Feb — Apr 2023); app. deadline 2 Nov 2022
The Dean of the Faculty of Fine Arts of Brno University of Technology (FFA BUT) has announced (27 September 2022) an open call for the position of:
Visiting Senior Research Fellow, February — April 2023.
The visiting research fellow needs to be a respected figure in scientific or artistic research in visual arts, art history and theory, curatorship, design, architecture, or associated fields. In their four-month internship, the researcher should conduct research with excellent outputs that will be reported in the Information Register of R&D Results (RIV) or the Register of Artistic Outputs (RUV) on behalf of FFA BUT. The topic, methods, and specialization of the project (humanities research/artistic research) are open, and their detailed description is part of the project submitted in the tender. The internship also features one participation at a conference/seminar/workshop that is not organized by BUT. The selected applicant will be provided with all faculty facilities: studios, departments & workshops, Department of Art History and Theory, its library, and all available technologies and facilities at the faculty. The Faculty of Fine Arts of Brno University of Technology focuses on the development of traditional object-based techniques, design, intermedia, moving image and performance. The faculty has a 3D studio and an automatic robotic arm. The faculty also addresses critically engaged performative and body-based projects (one studio specializes in gender criticism through artistic research), another specific feature is the Game Media Studio dealing with the interactivity of virtual situations. The focus of the internship does not necessarily have to follow in the current specializations of the faculty, but it can bring new thematic and methodological impulses.
- The applicant has to be a researcher who has worked outside the Czech Republic for at least 2 full years during the last 3 years (as of the date of starting the mobility) in research for at least 0.5 FTE or was a PhD. student abroad (citizens of the Czech Republic are not excluded)
- 7 years and more after obtaining a PhD. or its internationally acknowledged equivalent (ArtD. etc.)
- At least two publication outcomes in the past three years that can be acknowledged in research
- The ability of independent research (humanities research/artistic research) planning and management, stating the thesis, identification of the research problem, selection of appropriate methods for solutions, and ability to successfully publish research outcomes (applicable for RUV or RIV, see here)
The application must include
- Structured CV with current contact details
- Overview of publication/exhibition/artistic activities in the past 3 years
- Copy of diploma (PhD. or its internationally acknowledged equivalent)
- GDPR consent (special form attached to this announcement)
- Detailed research project with the following structure: (1.) topic, (2.) thesis, (3.) methods of research, (4.) planned outputs (see links above), (5.) planned participation in the faculty operation, (6.) proposal to organize a conference/workshop/seminar at BUT, (7.) proposal for participation at a conference/workshop/seminar that is not organized by BUT.
What we offer
- 3 months contract, full-time (40 hours a week)
- Stimulating creative environment
- English-speaking workplace
- Facilities of the Faculty of Fine Arts and an expansive university of technology
- Proportional amount of leave days (5 weeks/year)
- Subsidy for meals
- Competitive salary
- Possible subsidy for the spouse and family stay
- 2 November 2022, the results will be announced within 7 days
- Please send the application with compulsory attachments using the e-mail address email@example.com
- Approx. 3500 EUR/month (netto)
- 1 February 2023
Projekt Mezinárodní mobilita výzkumníků Vysokého učení technického v Brně II, reg. č. CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/18_053/0016962, je spolufinancován EU.
|Autor||doc. MgA. Filip Cenek|